question

cmingo2222 avatar image
cmingo2222 asked

Entity Groups - Limiting Size of Clan?

Hello,

I am currently working on implementing clan/guild functionality with entity groups. I am wondering if there is a good way to limit the number of members that can be in a group. Say I only want to have a maximum of 20 members of any clan and that number is reached, I don't want any other players to be able to join until a spot opens up.

I am currently planning on having clans be invitation only, so I imagined first calling ListMembership and if the List size is a certain number blocking a player from accepting an invitation. However I am not able to call ListMembership from an entity that is not already a part of the group. Is there a good way to accomplish this that I am missing?

Thanks!

entitieslimits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

We are suggesting that you should have the member doing the invite check the member count. However the most secure way would be to run it through cloud script, and have cloud script actually handle the invite/accept and have it check to see if there's space in the group. Also, current number is set to 1000.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.