question

kevin-4 avatar image
kevin-4 asked

Destination of CloudScript log statement

Sorry if it's been asked before but I couldn't find a thread on this.

Log statements that are printed in CloudScript functions, are they saved anywhere? I wanted to use them to save questionable inputs (along with the playfabId) so I can routinely check them and make sure everything is in order. I understand PlayStream can do the same, but to my understanding PlayStream is currently only a paid-for service, correct?

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, logging in Cloud Script is so that you can return additional info to the caller - particularly for debugging during development. If you want to "log" some info permanently about a particular Cloud Script pass, yes, a custom event would be the way to go. Essentials tier titles can use custom events, it's just that they have relatively low limits compared to the paid tiers for the PlayStream functionality. But if your event rate is reasonable (only a few per minute, per player), you should be fine.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-4 avatar image kevin-4 commented ·

Ah, just saw ExecuteCloudScriptResult objects have a Logs property. Didn't even notice. And that's great that we can use Custom Events, I'll go look for their documentation now then.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.