question

wayneprim90 avatar image
wayneprim90 asked

Securely set player statistics

I am building a game where I will want top scores to be uploaded anytime a player gets a new highscore... I was playing around with leader boards which led me to this post on playfab telling me not to update players statistics from client:

"If your game has any competitive play aspect, we would recommend that you never post statistics from the client."

How then would I approach this if I cant post new statistics for a player from the client???

Player Dataunity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wayneprim90 avatar image wayneprim90 commented ·

Thanks for this, so I wrote a cloud script to modify a player stat but it doesn't change the statistic all the time. When I run the code once it will work but then if I run it again a few moments later with a new value it doesnt work. It seems very spotty.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan wayneprim90 commented ·

What's the Title ID, the Revision of the script, and the specific handler, so that we can have a look?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.