question

paulucci-marco07 avatar image
paulucci-marco07 asked

Getting data about all characters

I want to get a list of all characters from an account, including their Level, which is a custom field. However GetAllUsersCharacters() is unable to return the custom fields.

So, I'm really puzzled on how I can fetch this data about potentially 400+ characters in one account, without having to make 400 API calls. Thanks!

Character DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
paulucci-marco07 avatar image
paulucci-marco07 answered

OK, GetLeaderboardForUserCharacters() kinda gets the trick done if the level is saved as a statistic too (which I admit makes sense). It's not ideal that it limits to 100 entries, but this is good enough.

10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Can you help us understand why your design calls for hundreds of characters on a single player account? We haven't strictly limited the number of characters that can be on a player account, but I can state that it sounds like what you're doing may not be supported, as certain aspects of the character accounts are saved at the player level, which may mean that you'll have issues with some actions. Can you describe your high-level design?

0 Likes 0 ·
paulucci-marco07 avatar image paulucci-marco07 brendan commented ·

You have collectible heroes. This case in particular, I just want to show the "Heroes" bag, with the corresponding level of each hero from that account. Other information, such as the icon and faction I can know from the Hero name.

Image result for idle heroes bag

It looks like that. Many heroes/characters are used as food (recipes), so it's normal that the list can reach 100s (we'd cap it before).

The heroes in this game are not particularly resource intensive. The instances hold information such as level, and 6 gear pieces (look-ups, so 6 ids).

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan paulucci-marco07 commented ·

Why not just use inventory to represent these characters, then? That would be far more efficient.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.