question

adevill20 avatar image
adevill20 asked

Matchmake does not return error codes

When calling Matchmake from UE4 blueprint, PlayFab does not return the correct error code for "GameNotFound", instead returns 200

LogPlayFab: Request: {
    "BuildVersion": null,
    "CharacterId": null,
    "GameMode": null,
    "LobbyId": "11810456334627489889",
    "Region": "EUWest",
    "StartNewIfNoneFound": false,
    "StatisticName": null
}
LogPlayFab: Response : {"code":200,"status":"OK","data":{"Status":"GameNotFound"}}
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this. Long story short, that's the correct result. It's not an error, because the call to Matchmake itself didn't fail. The call specified a Lobby ID which doesn't exist. The code checks for that lobby, sees that it isn't in the available set, and says "well, your call was fine, but that lobby isn't available, so I'm returning you an empty set".

Since this API call has worked this way since it was introduced, it's not something we'd be able to change, since that would break every existing title that uses it (we have a firm policy against breaking changes).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adevill20 avatar image adevill20 commented ·

Hi Brendan. Thanks for the reply. I understand, but when can I expect the error code: 1025 to be returned then as is described in the API docs ?

Matchmake API

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan adevill20 commented ·

1025 is "GameModeNotFound". That is returned when the Matchmake call requests a match on a Game Mode which has not been configured for the Build in question.

0 Likes 0 ·
adevill20 avatar image adevill20 brendan commented ·

ok makes sense, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
comc avatar image
comc Deactivated answered

Can I get your TitleID to look further into this, please?

1 comment
10 |1200

adevill20 avatar image adevill20 commented ·

Hey. It's 32ED

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.