question

Ben avatar image
Ben asked

Import user data from CSV

Hi there! Is it possible to import a decent amount of user data from a custom CSV?

I'm talking about 2-3k users maximum. We previously used a different service to store our players' push notification tokens, and I'd like to migrate them over here so we can start sending them push notifications using the systems built into Playfab.

I'd like to create an identity for each unique player, using their userID from the other service. I literally only need those two things from the old data. "other service" UserID and push notification token. I'd also like to mark them automatically as users of the old service using some kind of custom metadata.

Once they open the app with our newest update, I'll link that identity with their new Playfab iOS ID.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!

Account ManagementPush NotificationsAuthentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ben avatar image Ben commented ·

Oh and one thing to add: the other service is deltaDNA in case you have experience working with their data before. That being said, I was planning to reorganize the data in their archives to whatever format works best for import into Playfab, and delete all unneeded data.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What you should do is ship an update that moves to using PlayFab, and then on the first player login, read the data from the old system and write it to PlayFab. Once you've got that update out there, wait a bit to have all the active players get their data, and then run a script to create accounts for those still missing and add their data. That way, the origin info for the players who are active will be accurate (their actual location, etc.).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ben avatar image Ben commented ·

Got it. This makes sense to me. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.