question

sam-1 avatar image
sam-1 asked

Real Money Purchase only showing on some purchases

Got multiple virtual currency bundles which can be bought in our unity game through IAP, however, the £0.79 transaction we get a player receipt verification in the play stream but not a player real money purchase event that we get for our £2.50 IAP

unity3dIn-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
sam-1 avatar image
sam-1 answered

Not fixed, smaller purchase still no working

18 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sam-1 avatar image sam-1 commented ·

Sorry not fixed, were is the delete button!?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

The post was in moderation, which is why it couldn't be edited (new users have 0 reputation in the forums, and their posts are moderated, as 'ways back, we had a problem with spammers dumping their garbage in our forums).

For the sake of any others who run into this, what was the issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
sam-1 avatar image sam-1 brendan commented ·

Sorry post have been very unclear on my front. This issue still persists, will the smaller purchase £0.79 the player inventory item added event occurs, however, the player receipt validation does not and nor does the player real money purchase. With the £2.50 IAP both these event appear in the PlayStream

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan sam-1 commented ·

Rather than editing the first post, which is likely to confuse folks, I'd recommend just posting an update like the one you just did, so that others can follow the thread later.

Any successful receipt validation call will result in an event - the amount is irrelevant to that logic. Can you provide the Title ID of your project, the PlayFab ID of the user, and the Item Instance ID of the item that was added?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Ah okay here it is '3B6244F540EBBAE0

0 Likes 0 ·

There are three receipt validation events for that player. The one for juicecointopup.100 failed, as that Item ID did not exist in your catalog at the time the call was made.

Looking in your audit history, you can see that that Item ID was added to your catalog around two hours later.

-1 Like -1 ·
sam-1 avatar image sam-1 brendan commented ·

The Item ID was in the catalog for the first transaction, the one added two hours later was when I edited it to see if that would help. Just to be sure I just tried again and still that transaction shows no real money value despite it having one on the item and does not show the two event in the play stream.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Nope this player as can be seen by purchase logs https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/FC83/players/3B6244F540EBBAE0/purchases

0 Likes 0 ·

The problem is here:

According to this, the purchase was made for $0.00, which isn't a valid condition, so no events were generated for the purchase. I'd recommend two things: 1) Always make sure there's a price in the game catalog for any item that can be purchased via receipt validation. 2) Always send the correct price from the client as part of the call to do receipt validation, so that if there's a discounted price we're not aware of, it's accurately reflected.

Meanwhile, I'll file a bug that there should be a specific error response or event for this (likely the latter, since we can't risk impacting existing titles).

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (42.1 KiB)

Hi Brenda, I use a small adaptation of the purchasing script from the guide for android purchase with playfab. The code grabs the price from the playfab catalog which has a price set of 99 rm. So how else can I make sure the price is being passed through?

0 Likes 0 ·

If the catalog has a price of 99 RM, and you're making sure to set that as the Price in the receipt validation API call, that would generate an event, and the price would show up as 99 RM. I'd suggest putting a breakpoint in your code, to check what Price is actually being set to.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.