question

kobgamesstudio avatar image
kobgamesstudio asked

Is it possible to set DisplayName automatically while using PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithFacebook

Hi,

Is it possible to set user DisplayName automatically after a successful login via PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithFacebook?

Or do I need to manually call PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayName after it?

Thanks,

Koby

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, the player's Facebook name is populated into their Facebook info in the player profile (FullName, specifically), but it is not also replicated into the Title Display Name. Also, please note that Facebook names are not guaranteed unique. Since a Title Display Name must be unique within the scope of the Title ID if you haven't turned on the option for non-unique display names, you'll need to consider how you want to handle duplicates.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kobgamesstudio avatar image kobgamesstudio commented ·

Hi Brendan,

Two quick followups:

1. Where can I see the Player profile (ex. FullName) through PlayFab dashbaord? I can see the login details but it doesn't show the FullName/UserName details.

2. In the Leaderboard dashboard you see users by their DIsplayName or if it's empty by their PlayerID, is there a way to control it? or to query the fields I want through your dashboard and not use a custom API for that?

Thanks,

Koby

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kobgamesstudio commented ·

1. The complete player profile isn't in the Game Manager, but elements are. For Facebook, you can see the person's FullName on their Facebook linked account tile, on their player page. Here's an example of what that looks like, from my test title:

2. We'll be providing a way for you to create your own custom tabs in the Game Manager in an upcoming release - we demo'd this at GDC, last month. Once that's available, you would be able to use any profile elements for a leaderboard display in the Game Manager. Right now, you could use the existing API calls to create a tool that does this, as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (8.4 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.