question

matthewhilson avatar image
matthewhilson asked

Retrieve local currency price when querying store items

Hello,

We are currently implementing a shop in game for a Steam product and looking to display the cost of an item in their local currency to the user before they start any transaction.

I understand with the Conversion Service feature turned on you can convert the RM price of an item from USD to the user's local currency when initiating a purchase but as far as I'm aware it's not currently supported to retrieve the local currency price of an item until they start the purchase.

From browsing the web it looks like this feature is on your road map, is there a current ETA on when it may be released? Or is there another potential solution to this issue?

Thank you

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We're working on putting together a roadmap for feature development that we'll be able to share externally. Since the conversion rates for currencies change often though, I do need to point out that this would actually be an example price, not a final price (since the player could click, get the screen with the price, then walk away from their machine, and come back later to finalize the purchase). What I'd suggest instead is giving them the price in USD, and let them know in your in-game display that the price will be converted to their local currency in the Steam Wallet popup.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

@Brendan
Any update on this? I would also like to get the prices in local currency of my users

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Our roadmap for new features is available in our docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/roadmap/), and all new features are announced via the Game Manager news feed, our SDK release notes, and usually (for any significant update) our blog. You can expect that as soon as we have addressed this (with the v2 commerce service we're working on releasing), there will be an update.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.