question

Brian Jordan avatar image
Brian Jordan asked

What AWS region does US-Central (USCentral) correspond to?

As part of looking to get ICMP ping values for each server region (using workaround of pinging AWS dynamodb endpoints hosted in corresponding regions, see original Q), I've come up with the following mapping:

Region.USEast: us-east-1
Region.Australia: ap-southeast-2
Region.Brazil: sa-east-1
Region.EUWest: eu-west-1
Region.Japan: ap-northeast-1
Region.Singapore: ap-southeast-1

I wasn't able to find a corresponding region for USCentral (list here), is it maybe us-west-1?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It's actually US-East-1 these days. Originally, we had different server providers, with some located more centrally in the US. We'll be updating with more options for hosting regions in the near future, as well. But in all cases, we can't remove pre-existing regions, since that would break older titles.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian Jordan avatar image Brian Jordan commented ·

Ah, interesting, thanks. If we wanted to e.g. add servers in a US West region prior to a launch in a couple of weeks, would that be possible / what might that entail integration-wise? At the moment we're using the built in vanilla Client Matchmake for matchmaking and Custom Game Servers.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brian Jordan commented ·

We're working on an update to provide a much broader set of available regions for our server hosting. It's not likely to be available within the next couple of weeks, however. For now, I'd have to recommend using US-East for US-based players, if you're using our hosting.

1 Like 1 ·
Brian Jordan avatar image Brian Jordan brendan commented ·

Hey Brendan, any update on rough timeline for a US West / other regions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.