question

alexmerza avatar image
alexmerza asked

Multiplayer Billing

I have a question in regards to how multiplayer builds work before I upload a test build.

- When I upload a server build, is it possible to have it run an executable which is not in root or named gameserver.exe?
- The documentation asks for a headless server to shut itself down when the last player has exited the game, how is it billed if the game server is up for 10 minutes, gets shut down, then the player tries joining the lobby again spinning up a new one?
- Is it possible to go below a t2.medium?

- If it's possible, how is the pricing influenced?

pricingCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

1. Yes, the executable path is the relative path to the executable file for the game. So, if your exe is named "foo.exe" and is in a subfolder named game at the root of your zip, your executable path would be "game/foo.exe".

2. All AWS EC2 billing is per-hour. But note that a server instance (one instance of your exe, running on a host server) is not the same as the server host. When you activate a build in a region, that starts a number of host machines based on your settings (max instances per host and min available instances - have a look at the tutorial for details on this: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/custom-game-servers). Each host machine is billed at the per-hour rate, and in one hour increments.

3. Yes.

4. The pricing is the EC2 pricing found here (https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/on-demand/), under the Windows tab, plus 10% to cover our costs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.