question

Anton avatar image
Anton asked

Custom game server instance (unity) does not start

I'm trying to use unity as custom game server build.

just basic setup - uploaded locally tested build, setup single game mode, build versions in client request and in game mode. Even allowed 'client to start games' in settings (b.t.w. is it required?)

sending matchmaking request with this code

var request = new MatchmakeRequest();

request.BuildVersion = "0.1.4";

request.GameMode = "TestMode";

request.Region = Region.EUWest;

request.StartNewIfNoneFound = true;

PlayFabClientAPI.Matchmake(request, OnMatchFound, OnMatchmakeFailed);

But matchmake request returns /Client/Matchmake: 500 Internal Server Error, error=ServiceUnavailable.

and I cant see any game instance in dashboard. Like executable never gets called.

My title id is 5626

P.s. can I avoid loosing 1 billed hour each build upload (it starts in another host and hosts are billed separately)? I need just replace a binary.

unity3dCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

First, a build is not activated in any region when it is uploaded. Nothing is billed for inactive builds.

Which leads me to my main question - did you activate the build in the EUWest region and let the server reach the Running state before calling Matchmake?

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anton avatar image Anton commented ·

Yes I did. Just disactivated for saving hours

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Anton commented ·

A 500 error can occur on a call to Matchmake for a few reasons:

No server host in a Running state, missing or incorrect information in the call - Region, BuildVersion, and GameMode should all be specified if you're not specifying a LobbyId - or using a GameMode that isn't actually defined in the title for the Build ID, for example. If you like, we can try activating a build in a region in your title and testing ourselves, to see if we can reproduce the error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anton avatar image Anton brendan commented ·

I would be appreciate if you enable host and try reproducing

During my tests I had one host active in ’EUWest’, game mode ‘TestMode’ specified for current build

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Anton avatar image Anton commented ·

Yes, please try enabling, that would be great.

During my tests I had one host active in’EUWest’, game mode ‘TestMode’ specified for current build

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Anton commented ·

Aha! Thanks, testing on your title turned up the issue. It was due to a change to the way Secret Keys work, under the covers. So newly created titles were impacted. We're updating the matchmaker now for this - should be resolved within the next hour.

1 Like 1 ·
Anton avatar image Anton brendan commented ·

Thanks, it works like a charm now

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.