question

anthojny avatar image
anthojny asked

ListGroupMembers() for nonmember

Hi, I want get members of clans (using group entity) for user, witch is not member of clan(group), but it fail on: /Group/ListGroupMembers: The claim was not allowed to perform the requested action based on the entity's access policy. Policy comment: By default, all requests are denied. If you expected this request to succeed, you may be missing a policy. See the permissions APIs in PlayFab's Admin Api to add a permission.

I tried add policy but pfrn:api--/Client/ don't have /ListGroupMembers and pfrn:api--/Entity/ is wrong too. How add permission for anybody get list group members?

apisAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, one thing to understand is that API policies and Group policies are completely distinct. What you actually would want in this case is something like this:

{
    "Action": "Read",
    "Effect": "Allow",
    "Resource": "pfrn:group--group!*/Members/*",
    "Principal": {
      "ChildOf": {
        "EntityType": "title",
        "EntityId": "your_title_id"
      }
    },
    "Comment": "Allow users to view members of the group"
  },

We'll have more documentation available soon on the Group policies.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anthojny avatar image anthojny commented ·

Thank you, i look forward for documentation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul Pacheco avatar image Paul Pacheco commented ·

Any progress on that documentation? I can't find where the group policies are documented.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Paul Pacheco commented ·

We're working on an update for Entities which is going to include a significant number of new API calls, in order to round out the functionality, along with documentation and tutorials. You can expect to see that in Q1.

1 Like 1 ·
kennyroy avatar image kennyroy brendan commented ·

Where's the documentation on this? I believe I'm stuck at Policy level not being able to get DisplayName from the Entity.GetProfiles() call.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/33833/odd-structure-of-account-profile-getprofile-getpro.html?childToView=33863#comment-33863

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.