question

raymeak avatar image
raymeak asked

google playstore alpha working, production does not.

hi, i have recently release a production app to google playstore and it does not seem to be able to logon to playfab. however, during the google alpha test; everything seems to be working fine. I also have no issue while login on to playfab using Unity Editor. I am using the google app signing feature and was reading the notes whereby it says:-

"If your app uses any API, you will usually need to register the certificate of the key Google signs your app with for authentication purposes. This is usually done through the fingerprint of the certificate.

To find the certificate of the key Google uses to re-sign your APK for delivery:

1. Sign in to your Play Console.
  2. Select an app.
  3. On the left menu, click Release management > App signing.
  4. From this page, you can copy the most common fingerprints (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256) of your app signing certificate. If the API provider requires a different type of fingerprint, you can also download the original certificate in DER format and run it through the transformation tools that the API provider requires."

where can i do the mentioned registration in the playfab console as I am unable to find the right place in the console to insert the values.

thanks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
raymeak avatar image
raymeak answered

apologies, this has been resolved.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Can you help us understand what the issue was, for developers who run into this in future?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.