question

andy-1 avatar image
andy-1 asked

Segments - Virtual currency balance not working

I'm trying to create a new segment with a virtual currency balance filter and it is not returning any players. There should be enough virtual currency for each player, other filters are working as expected, is this working?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What's the Title ID, so that we can have a look?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andy-1 avatar image andy-1 commented ·

Title ID: AEDB

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andy-1 commented ·

Ah, wait - I see. The problem is that you can only Segment on things that have events. So, adding VC via a purchase or API call to specifically add VC would have an event. But a regenerating VC does not generate an event when it increases. Think of it as "active" versus "passive". Passive things don't have events, and so aren't part of the PlayStream. And we can only segment on things that are part of the PlayStream.

I've filed a bug to have an event added when the VC balance of a player is re-evaluated and increased due to regeneration, but that re-evaluation would only occur when the player inventory or VC balance is explicitly checked - we don't check every player in every game every second to see if their VC should be incremented. It's only done on an as-needed basis.

1 Like 1 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andy-1 commented ·

Thanks, I do see that. I've filed a bug on this segment filter, so we should have this fixed shortly.

0 Likes 0 ·
andy-1 avatar image andy-1 commented ·

Thank you, I was able to use Cloudscript to implement my intended behavior.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.