question

k-krrs avatar image
k-krrs asked

UpdatePlayerStatistics no longer working

The server API's UpdatePlayerStatistics no longer works - it adds 2 Points (our statistics) the first time and then just stays at two until the next reset. What gives?

TitleID: 1F03

apisLeaderboards and Statistics
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pfnathan avatar image pfnathan ♦ commented ·

We are investigating the issue, will post an update.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Your aggregation type is set to "Last" (https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/1F03/leaderboards/UG9pbnRz/edit). If your goal is to add the value passed in the UpdatePlayerStatistics call to the player's current value, increasing it, you should set it to "Sum" aggregation.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Tibor Dandi avatar image Tibor Dandi commented ·

Hi there.

im using ue4 and your plugin

When i update a character stat with cloud script the sum works well,but when i wanna update via blueprints it does not sum the exist statistic number only replace it. can you tell me why?

I already set the stats to "sum" aggregation.

you can see on the pics bottom.

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (453.8 KiB)
2.png (131.7 KiB)
Henrique avatar image Henrique commented ·

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for this clarification. It makes total sense.

I might have not noticed before, has the "Sum" aggregation option always been there?

Also, it appears that some of my Leaderboards with "Last" aggregation, have been behaving as if they were "Sum", for quite some time. Do you have any thoughts on that?

0 Likes 0 ·
Henrique avatar image Henrique commented ·

Actually, it makes sense now. Feel free to disregard my previous comment :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.