question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Login/receipt validation for Amazon Fire/Game Circle

Question from a developer:

I've read through the best practices for login and can't seem to find any distinction around Amazon Fire/Game Circle/etc. There's a LoginWithGoogle but, if I'm not mistaken, that doesn't/can't work with the Amazon 'platform.' I know there is a ValidateAmazonIAPReceipt, so I was wondering how we should use that platform.

In-Game EconomyAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In general, login is not tied to receipt validation. So while we do not have a Fire/Game Circle specific login, that doesn't really matter. You can use the Android Device ID for any Amazon device that is Android based, and Custom ID otherwise. Meanwhile, the receipt validation call will work fine, regardless.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tmannino avatar image tmannino commented ·

Thanks for posting our question, @Brendan! We were hoping to tie our purchases to the Amazon account logged into the device the user is using. It sounds like we'd have to come up with some uniquely identifying based on the Amazon account we could use as a CustomID. We're wondering if anyone has had any successes and/or knows of what information is accessible from the Game Circle SDK?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan tmannino commented ·

We haven't heard from anyone on the Game Circle SDK specifically, but yes, if you want to use Custom ID to sign the player in, that would work. If the GameCircle SDK doesn't provide one natively, you could just use a generated GUID.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.