question

Ion avatar image
Ion asked

LinkFacebookAccount Error: User not found

Hello!

I am having issues with Facebook login and linking.

I am trying to implement the basic facebook login flow.

Pressing the "connect to facebook" button, starts the Facebook SDK login process.

When it's done, i call LoginWithFacebook call.

Then, i am getting the next error:

PlayFab Facebook Auth Failed: /Client/LoginWithFacebook: User not found

I got working previously, but unlinking and removing user accounts for testing, something went wrong.

Currently, all the players marked to delete, are deleted completely, so i can't see where is the problem.

If i pass the parameter "CreateAccount = true", the process works, but creating a new account, but that's not the wanted result.

Thanks for the support.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That error means that there's no user associated with the Facebook account you tried to use to log in. Once you've created a player account (CreateAccount = true), does the login call work as expected?

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ion avatar image Ion commented ·

I don't understand the question.I can't get login with facebook working in both accounts we are using to test.

I have deleted all the users, and i can't login with facebook using playfab. I login successfully with Facebook SDK only.

I pass "CreateAccount = true" when i login with custom ID(PC), so facebook login is an optional service for save the progress between devices.

As i said, i got working the login with facebook previously, but now it doesnt work.

Thanks Brendan!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Ion commented ·

What, specifically, is not working in the process? What is the API call you are making, what are the inputs, and what is the response? If you're making any Login API call and the response is "User not found", that means that the credentials you're trying to use to log into the title do not exist on any player in your Publisher ID.

1 Like 1 ·
Ion avatar image Ion brendan commented ·

Now i have a question, that maybe i am not understanding the process correctly... Do i need to Link to facebook account before calling LoginWithFacebook call? I though first i had to Login, maybe is my mistake.

If i call link, it works correctly, and i can see both playfab account and fb account in the player overview panel.

Then, what is the process to get logged with Facebook automatically when that player open the game again?

Currently, i get the account info, from the login with custom id call, and i check if the FacebookInfo is not null. Then, if is not null, i call to LoginWithFacebook because the account is linked to facebook, i mean. The problem here is that i have not the FB access token.

If i call the login to Facebook SDK, in editor, i have to enter the token again... is this correct?

Is this the correct process, or am i doing something wrong?

If there is any guide about this, it would be great, i have read a lot of threads about this, but i didn't find my answer, sorry if it exists in some thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.