question

andrearossini avatar image
andrearossini asked

Leaderboard update time

Hi,

we are developing a tournament system where players earn points after every match they play. Today we were testing and we saw that there was an important delay between the write of statistic and the real leaderboard update.

I know that leaderboards are not updated in real time, specially after the first 1000 positions.
But is it possible that this time is increased during this days due to a PlayFab server update/improvement?

I'm pretty sure that this delay was smaller a few days ago (maybe I was just lucky).

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Andrea

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The number of positions isn't actually relevant - when you report a statistic, there will always be a delay of a second or two before the leaderboard will reflect that updated statistic. If your calculations are dependent upon the actual player position on the leaderboard, we'd recommend waiting a couple of seconds before querying the leaderboard, after submitting a new statistic. To be safe, you should have logic that checks that the updated value is present and, if not, have a retry with an exponential back-off, in case there are any issues that temporarily introduce additional delay.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.