question

Ion avatar image
Ion asked

LoginWithFacebook issue: "The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted"

Hello!

First of all, thanks for the great support in this forum, i usually can solve my problems reading here.

My problem is with a new project, testing the facebook login.

I have read about player deletion in the forum and i understand that exists a queue for player deletions.

I got facebook login working without problem while testing (deleting and creating new users etc), but since yesterday, when calling the API with the method "LoginWithFacebook", i am having this error:

PlayFab Facebook Auth Failed: /Client/LoginWithFacebook: The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted.

I used to delete players first unlinking to the account, but maybe some times i forget unlinking, i dont know if this is a problem.

What could i do to solve this?

How long can it take to delete all the players? Currently i see 31 players in my game, but i only have 3.

Thank you!

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That specific error means that the player account is in the queue for deletion, but has not yet been deleted. Please bear in mind that this is not a queue solely for your title - it is a queue for all titles. So, for example, if someone chose to delete a title that had many players, that could introduce a significant delay in the queue.

But yes, this would only occur for cases where the login credential was not unlinked from the account prior to queueing it for deletion. If you unlink the credential first, you can immediately re-use it.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ion avatar image Ion commented ·

Thanks Brendan, and how long should i wait for being able to login with facebook again?

For the next time, i won't forget to unlink =P

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Ion commented ·

There is no "set" period of time that the queue takes - it depends upon how many player deletions are waiting, and how much data exists for those player accounts, to be cleaned up. Given some of the deletions it looks like were queued today though, I'd say it'll be clear later this afternoon, most likely.

1 Like 1 ·
rohitvishwakarma1819 avatar image rohitvishwakarma1819 brendan commented ·

Hey @brendan I deleted my master player 2 days ago but still getting the error

/Client/LoginWithGooglePlayGamesServices: The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted.

I have only one title and there are only 20 - 30 players in the title.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Cameron avatar image
Scott Cameron answered

What is the maximum amount of time it should take for a player account to be deleted with a large number queued up?

I'm asking because I deleted a player (without unlinking first - had I known) on Oct 25... and now 5 days later I still get the error on the device: The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted. [AccountDeleted:1322]

Thanks

14 comments
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Similar to the above - there's no set or max time, as it depends upon how loaded the queue gets. We're working with the engineering team on some options to improve this, and we hope to get that work prioritized in an upcoming sprint.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Cameron avatar image Scott Cameron brendan commented ·

I don't mean to be a pain about this; but I'm still getting "The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted. [AccountDeleted:1322]" error on the device. Its one of my testing devices so until the account is deleted I still can't use it (almost 3 weeks). Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Scott Cameron commented ·

What's the PlayFab ID of the player account, and the Title ID of the game?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
countinglampposts avatar image countinglampposts commented ·

I am running into a similar issue. However it has only been 12 hours. Under the "Players" tab it says I have 1 player but no players listed. Is this normal? Should I just be more careful about deleting users in the future?

I will post again if this issue persists through the weekend. Until then, I will use a token deviceID.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan countinglampposts commented ·

The length of time needed for an account to be deleted can vary quite a bit, as it depends upon how many other deletion requests are in the queue. Most of the time, this deletion takes no more than a few hours. However, if many titles have requested deletion of a large number of players, this could take much longer. In order to make sure we are fully compliant with GDPR (and other privacy requirements), we have a maximum SLA of 28 days for deletion, though we've never seen it take anywhere near that long.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bernhard Miettinen avatar image
Bernhard Miettinen answered

We are encoutering similar problem with android and iOS device id login since yesterday. We also get this problem in Unity Editor where we login with custom id. What throws us of here is that we seems to be able to delete iOS accounts and then create new accounts almost immediately if we reinstall the iOS app.

We are encountering similar issue since yesterdat, but only with accounts linkted to a android device id. We tried deleting iOS linked accounts this morning it happened immidiately.

I have encountered similar problem since yesterday. I know that it hasn't been that long, but I am a bit worried as the deletion seems to work for iOS users, but not for android. We tried this for the iOS devices in the middle.

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

There is no difference between deleting any player accounts, regardless of platform. It's all the same queue. Any correlation between platform and timing in your testing would be coincidental, rather than any indication of causation. The queue can sometimes take a few hours to clear, which is why we recommend using the unlink API calls to remove account links from the player accounts before queueing them for deletion.

0 Likes 0 ·
Filyaev Alexey avatar image
Filyaev Alexey answered

Today the same problem happened, I deleted 2 accounts and logged in from the Unity Editor and from my smartphone and gives the same error, how to solve and how long to wait? I understand this happens randomly and we can not influence it? It's sad, because I need to prepare an update. Help us.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.