question

kova avatar image
kova asked

Oculus IAP

Hello,

I'm wondering how can we get Oculus IAP with real money to work with playfab catalog. I've read

Non-Receipt Payment Processing doc, but it requires you to provide payment provider, which you setup in add-on marketplace, and oculus isn't available there. I can't find any list of available payment providers either.

What is the design I need to follow when doing IAP for payment providers not supported in marketplace? Any help would be appreciated.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, that's not possible. Integration of a payment provider with our service requires sever-to-server code changes, which must be made in the PlayFab main service. What I would recommend is to request the addition of Oculus IAP in the Feature Requests forum, so that others can "like" the idea, and potentially help with prioritization.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kova avatar image kova commented ·

Thanks for the quick response. Seems I'll need to implement oculus IAP/store directly through oculus API, then give bought items manually to the player for free on playfab.

I'll do the feature request but I'm surprised I need to, oculus is not some small 3rd party platform.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kova commented ·

We prioritize in part based upon the number of developers we've heard from, who need a given feature. To date, we've had practically no requests for integration with Oculus IAP. The fact that no one else has added it to the Feature Requests forum is a good indicator of this.

0 Likes 0 ·
visualizervr avatar image visualizervr commented ·

I would like to second the request for Oculus IAP support

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan visualizervr commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Snowden avatar image Ben Snowden visualizervr commented ·

It would be great if this was added, i posted on the link above.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.