question

Montana Tuska avatar image
Montana Tuska asked

Forum likes

I can't like anything and it's a little bothersome. Apparently we have limited likes? That's fine, but it likes to tell me I have to unlike something. Not really something I want to do, but okay. Try to unlike something, and I can't unlike something that's x days old. So I can't like anything anymore, well, haven't be able to for a while but just now going to bother you guys about it. I just want to be able to vote on things again!

Also, out of curiosity, will the PlayFab services be moving to Microsoft's Azure? Especially since GameSparks just join Amazon? Just wondering.

Good day PlayFab.

feedback
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska commented ·

Also, I said something about this before, but you should add tags for the SDK versions, i.e. Unreal, Unity, etc. So that way I can chip in for questions on Unreal ;)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's correct. In order to make sure we get the right priorities, developers have a limited number of Feature Request "likes" they can use. When a feature is Completed, that frees up the likes on that Feature Request. Can you point me to a specific Feature Request you liked and can't unlike? My understanding of the AnswerHub system is that you should be able to unlike a Feature Request which hasn't been Completed at any time.

As to Azure, no, Microsoft's top priority for PlayFab is that there are to be zero disruptions to any titles. So we'll be adding some functionality that Azure offers, and over time we will move functionality over, but we will only do so if we can do it in a way to causes zero disruption to any live title. We're well aware that you really don't care where the features are running, as long as they're reliable, effectively meet the need, and are as inexpensive as possible.

But by the way - the Gamesparks acquisition was more like six months ago. It's just that they only confirmed it the other day. :)

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska commented ·

An example of a forum like I have that I can't undo is here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/14945/unlink-afftect-multiple-titles.html?childToView=15033#comment-15033

I liked your comment, but I can't unlike to attempt to move it elsewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
capture.png (43.4 KiB)
brendan avatar image brendan Montana Tuska commented ·

Ah, you know, reviewing their logic for that, that makes a lot of sense. So, if you like something, you can pull that back for up to 10 days, but after that, you're committed.

Otherwise, we'd have a really hard time working out what the right priorities are. Consider that you could like something, then wait for us to be past our next sprint planning meeting, then pull all your votes and move them to something else, before we've finished on the things we thought were supposed to be the priorities (but which now, thanks to folks moving their votes, might be lower on our list). Basically, it's a balance - we can only give you so much flexibility to the voting, as we need to be able to rely upon the numbers in the tool for purposes of evaluating what's most important to developers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.