question

zach avatar image
zach asked

Is there a guaranteed order between receipt validation and a player receiving the item in their inventory?

I'm validating an IAP that corresponds to a consumable catalog item. Is that item guaranteed to be in the player's inventory by the time I get the receipt validation response? Or is that order undefined? Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The data returned from a receipt validation call includes the items that were added to the player inventory. So yes, the items in the returned data will be in the player's inventory once you get the response.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zach avatar image zach commented ·

Great! Is that data available through the result in the Unity API? I only see fields for "Request" and "CustomData" (for both Android and iOS validation)?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan zach commented ·

Arg. That's what I get for trying to answer questions while on the road. In fact, the receipt validation calls do not return the items added. However, yes, the items are added by the time the client receives the response. So, the answer to your original question is still yes.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.