question

connorh avatar image
connorh asked

UpdatePlayerStatistics Set Leaderboard Aggregation Method

I was doing some testing with UpdatePlayerStatistics and the auto-generated leaderboards if the stat doesn't exist. I noticed there is no way to send a statistic key and an aggregation method for the newly created leaderboard.

My goal is to dump all possible game statistics to PlayFab at once to generate all of the leaderboards but I don't want to click through each one to set the aggregation method to what I want.

I'll have ~800 stats. Perhaps this is out of scope for the statistics system as well I'm not sure.

Is there any way to create a leaderboard with an aggregation method? Or any way to grab the leaderboards and modify the aggregation method with the REST interfaces?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes:

https://api.playfab.com/documentation/admin/method/CreatePlayerStatisticDefinition.

However, you're correct that 800 statistics is more than we provide in the Essentials tier. It's actually more than we provide in the Professional tier, as stats are actually one of the more expensive components. We're planning on providing for lighter-weight tracked stats (that won't be part of the player profile or useful for PlayStream triggers) down the road, but right now if you need that many stats, we would need to work with you on a custom agreement that covers the added costs.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

connorh avatar image connorh commented ·

Thanks I'll take a look at the API and the player statistics limits.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.