question

rusildo avatar image
rusildo asked

Google sign-in required 'profile' scope?

If I don't request .AddOauthScope("profile"), I get error: "GoogleOAuthNoIdTokenIncludedInResponse". But I don't need additional permissions. Because they cause an additional window, like this: [image]

How can I authenticate without 'profile' scope? Any ideas.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rusildo avatar image rusildo commented ·

P.S. Title id: 9066. Game 'Drive Ahead' does not have such problems.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, if you're trying to use LoginWithGoogleAccount, the profile permission is a requirement. Google will not return to our service the info needed to validate the user, otherwise. If you do not want that popup to appear, I would recommend using a different recoverable account type (so, initial sign in only with Device ID, so that you have a zero-friction sign-in, and then incentivize them to add Facebook later).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tapblaze avatar image tapblaze commented ·

Is this still a requirement? Seems bad user experience.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan tapblaze commented ·

If you want to use Google Account login, this tutorial is accurate: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/sign-in-with-google. In it, you'll see that it does specify the "profile" scope. Titles that use Device ID login, and which don't use Google Account login, don't require that scope.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.