question

aaron123 avatar image
aaron123 asked

How to Login With Facebook and Photon?

I'm making a game where I use photon and playfab. I was just wondering what the best method is to sign in through facebook AND authenticate the photon player session. Photon offers auth through facebook and so does playfab, but im unsure of which order to go in or which one to use. The "Sign in with Photon" tutorial has me set my Photon Auth mode to custom, but the "Sign in through Facebook" tutorial has no relation to photon at all. Whats the best way to authenticate my Photon player while also being able to get facebook friends, etc. Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
aaron123 avatar image
aaron123 answered

Nevermind, I got it working.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

What was the issue, if you don't mind?

0 Likes 0 ·
aaron123 avatar image aaron123 brendan commented ·

I was trying to AuthenticateWithPhoton() using AuthType = CustomAuthenticationType.Facebook instead of CustomAuthenticationType.Custom. This wouldn't let the photon session be authenticated.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan aaron123 commented ·

Thanks! Hopefully that'll help others that run into the same issue. :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.