question

Stanislaw Gromadowski avatar image
Stanislaw Gromadowski asked

UserData - raw binary data

Hi,

Is there any chance to store pure bytes table in PlayFab ( e.g. as a value of UserData )

We want to keep small textures in one userData key-pair but it has limitation to 10000 bytes and now

when my texture has size 10000 bytes it becomes encoded to utf8 string and playfab returns error of pushing ~14700 bytes

Please help,

Stan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

We don't have an ideal way to support your use case TODAY.

If you need an immediate solution, you could create your own S3 bucket on AWS or an Azure Blob store, and upload the image files directly to the cloud, and rather than saving a raw image, you could save a LINK to the image in userdata, and download the raw file using the link.

HOWEVER, my best suggestion for you is to wait about a month, when we will launch some new features specifically geared towards this kind of situation. Come visit me at GDC and I'll show you how to do it in person!

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Stanislaw Gromadowski avatar image Stanislaw Gromadowski commented ·

Cool ! It would be awesome seeing PlayFab keep files or raw data per player acount rather than strings only ! S3 is fine but it costs are hard to predict... I need only small images like 20 - 30 kb so it still fits several key / value pairs anyway so I'm fine for now. Gonna miss this GDC :/ but thanks for invitation !

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.