question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

ReportPlayer comment is null

I haven't touched ReportPlayer code in a number of months, but I noticed in our PlayFab Event History page, the player_reported_as_abusive JSON always has a comment of null now.

It used to show the actual report comment.

In my code, I log the following:

[Log ] 29500 30.736: FairPlay: Received 
RequestReportPlayer user 47D83C3F26B5F202 from player 1 with category 
Griefing and comment: [GameID:ABC123][Time: 29503][Intentionally lost 
the game]: feeder
[Pass] 29600 30.838: Report went through successfully!

I'm confident that I am passing in a comment when I report the player. The comment is "[GameID:ABC123][Time: 29503][Intentionally lost the game]: feeder"

Is this comment too long or does it contain some invalid characters?

I know the report goes through successfully both due to my log as well as being able to see it in the Event History:

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In my own testing, the comment is in the event when you use Client/ReportPlayer (I used your comment text, to be sure). Are you using Server/ReportPlayer, perhaps?

Looking at the source code, it appears that the Server API hasn't used the comment for quite some time. I'll file a bug to have that reviewed - using the comment when it wasn't used before may technically be a breaking change, if it wasn't used previously.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

That would explain it - I used to be using Client/ReportPlayer but then switched to using Server/ReportPlayer.

What would the ETA be (approx) on having the Server/ReportPlayer call fixed to use the comment? If not, I may have to work around it, but it would cost a fair amount of dev time to make sure the client can't abuse my system.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Sorry, I don't have an ETA for that right now. The bug has been filed, and we'll provide feedback when we've confirmed it's fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.