question

Dan Wilson avatar image
Dan Wilson asked

Unity 2017.3p2 WWW.SendRequest removed?

It appears that in 2017.3p2 or possibly p1 (I skipped p1) that WWW.SendRequest no longer exists...

Apparently Unity decided to change the method name to just "Send" for whatever reason...

In PlayFabUnityHttp.cs (PlayFabSdk/Shared/Internal/PlayFabHttp) line # 68 this needs to be updated, I checked the GitHub repo, and it doesn't appear to be updated yet.

As us the SDK causes a compile error in 2017.3p2

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan Wilson avatar image Dan Wilson commented ·

- "As is"

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Based on what you say here, I assume you're talking about Unity 2017.3, and the specific build we're testing against there is: Unity 2017.3.0f3

I also can't find any place we use WWW.SendRequest. Not even in any of our internal/beta/unpublished stuff.

It's possible the issue you describe has already been fixed in the latest PlayFab UnitySDK (2.37.180129 at time of writing). Here's a link to the published code line you're referencing: GitHub. You can see it doesn't match your description.

Based on this, I suggest you update your
Editor Extensions Package
and
UnitySDK Package
and try again.

Thanks

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sorry I meant p1 not p2, there is no p2 yet..... (Derp)

And the code as written in GitHub is "SendWebRequest", which doesn't exist in the patch. They changed it to "Send"

0 Likes 0 ·

If Playfab as a policy doesn't support Unity patch releases, that's fine, this was more of a heads up.

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

We try to support many releases, including checking some of the beta releases, but we don't check patch releases.

I have just checked Unity version 2018.1.0b4, and this one is NOT affected by this problem.

I encourage you to post a bug onto Unity asking them not to rename this function.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Wilson avatar image Dan Wilson 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

Cool thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.