question

aaron123 avatar image
aaron123 asked

User Not Found Inconsistent

I set up photon and playfab with the suggested tutorial. I also added a PlayFab Authenticator script that was given in one of the guides (Unique Hardware id). At first, everything worked fine. Now, im able to connect to a photon room every time i build my game, get the "Photon token acquired, authentication complete" message every time, but I only ever get the Photon Player authenticated playstream event called every 4th or 5th time. If the playstream event is not sent/received, then i get a 227 user not found. Its very inconsistent. Is this a common problem with a simple fix? Please let me know how I can change this. Thanks

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aaron123 avatar image aaron123 commented ·

Btw, i get the error when RoomCreate is called. It wont complete successfully if I don't see the Photon Player Authenticated in the playstream dashboard.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aaron123 avatar image aaron123 commented ·

I've seen that thread as well as both the photon docs linked in it. It seems as tho I have everything set up correctly because every few tries, it successfully authenticates a photon session. I also have not changed the PlayfabAuthentication code given in the tutorial for setting it up. Im running both connect to photonNetwork/Photon lobby and AuthenticateWithPlayfab() in two different class Start() methods in unity. Could it be a problem with the time at which my client send/recieves each request?

0 Likes 0 ·
pfnathan avatar image pfnathan ♦ commented ·

Apologies for late follow-ups.

Can you let us know that if you are getting those PlayStream events for the newly created players, please?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.