question

rob avatar image
rob asked

Bug with Matchmake

If I initiate a Matchmake request (on the client) for a specific lobbyId the result.Status returned is 'Complete' and I am able to join that game.

However, if I then don't do anything with that result, for example if I allow a player to exit the join game process, and then try to join that same lobby, then I get result.Status = 'Waiting' and the result.ServerHostname is empty.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

Can you run through Postman and see if you can repro please, also send us your TitleID which you are having an issue as well.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rob avatar image rob commented ·

Yes, I was able to repro on Postman (TitleID: 448C):

1. Call Matchmake (with just a valid LobbyID set)

2. Note that you get a proper result

3. Call Matchmake again with the same LobbyID set

4. It returns the following:

"code": 200,
"status": "OK",
"data": {
     "PollWaitTimeMS": 1000,
     "Status": "Waiting"
}
0 Likes 0 ·
pfnathan avatar image pfnathan ♦ commented ·

We have also verified your finding. It is by design, Can you let us know what was the expectation?. If you want to actually get a new ticket and void the original one, we would need to have task filed to make change.

0 Likes 0 ·
rob avatar image rob pfnathan ♦ commented ·

Ok, I suppose I can cache the result to reuse it if necessary so it's not that big a deal.

It seems strange that this is expected behaviour though, I would expect to get the full response again. In my use case this would happen if a player initiated a matchmake process, cancelled it, and then tried again. Perhaps this is rare/unusual but it seemed like a bug to me that it doesn't return it on the second attempt.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rob commented ·

It's because when you call Matchmake, you "reserve" the slot in the game server for the player for a short period, so that it can't be "stolen" from the player by others calling Matchmake.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.