question

Kain avatar image
Kain asked

Getting PlayFab.uplugin to deploy on Xbox One for Unreal

For XboxOne, anyone able to run from Visual Studio using the cook server?

For me, it specifically breaks at the attempt to cook PlayFab.uplugin on demand ("Could not open file for writing PlayFab.uplugin.tmp"), and I'm not sure how to make it work, at this point.

I removed the list of "WhitelistPlatforms" within PlayFab.uplugin, but that did not seem to have any effect. Anyone know why the Whitelist did not include console platforms?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

Inability to write a .tmp file is not Xbox related. Your project has some kind of problem. Close all instances of Visual Studio, (maybe requires a restart), delete all intermediate folders, temporary files, etc.
Open your project (just once), and do a "Clean" action on your solution, and repeat the "delete temporary files" process again.
Close VS again, make sure your repo settings are properly set to ignore all of those temporary files (they should not be checked into Git or Perforce or whatever)

Resume development, and happy coding.

Also, yes, you can't use Xbox platform without doing the Xbox registration Brendan mentions below.

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

[Update: The publicly available SDK now contains all the console API calls, in addition. No special SDK is needed.]

You actually don't have the Xbox version of the SDK - we can only provide that to folks who are registered Xbox developers, per our middleware license. To verify your registered developer status, please email the name of your company and the primary contact the Xbox team will have for you to us at devrel@playfab.com, and we can coordinate with them.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kain avatar image Kain commented ·

ah, thank you. Email sent

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.