question

rob avatar image
rob asked

Exclude tags don't work properly

I haven't delved deeply into this but tags have always had issues and I seem to be running into another one.

I create a game and set a 'Private' tag to 'True'. Then I also set a 'Ready' tag to 'True'.

Then, on another client, I call GetCurrentGames with tag filter set to include Ready: True and exclude Private: True.

It still returns the game with Private set to True. The include part seems to work, but the exclude does not.

Same story if I call Matchmake with the same filters.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you please provide the Title ID and the details (with the specifics of the parameters) for your calls to SetGameServerInstanceTags and Matchmake?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rob avatar image rob commented ·

Edit: Sorry, got a bit confused here, looking into this further.

Ok, on further investigation I think I now know what is happening. It's a problem with using two excludes. I would have assumed that they would be excluded if EITHER of the conditions for exclusion was met, but it appears to require BOTH conditions to be met in order to be excluded.

So for example this will return a game where Private is True but InGame is False

"Excludes": [
      {
        "Data": {
          "Private": "True",
          "InGame": "True"
        }
      }
    ]
0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rob commented ·

For both Includes and Excludes, it's a list of rules. Each rule (you have one rule in the example above) is a unit that must be true for the rule to trigger. So, in your example, you have "Private": "True" and "InGame": "True". If you make that two separate rules - one for Private and one for InGame, that would mean you'd exclude if either of those matched.

0 Likes 0 ·
rob avatar image rob brendan commented ·

Ok thanks, I think I understand these now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.