question

louisyeow avatar image
louisyeow asked

TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0xffffffff800b010a

Hi,

I have the exception stated in the title whenever I tried to login whether by LoginWithAndroidDeviceRequest, LoginWithPlayfabRequest and even RegisterPlayfabUserRequest. I think the error has something to do with the SSL/TLS certificates issued by playfab. Temporary I bypass the certificate validation by overriding the ServerCertificateValidationCallback so that I can continue with my work on Playfab. Just thought to inform you guys so action can be taken. Also, in case you want to know my simple workaround, the code is as below:

ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = (sender, certificate, chain, errors) => true;

Before I forget, here's the info on my development environment

Unity 5.6.4,

PlayfabSdk 2.36.180123

The exception in details:

TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0xffffffff800b010a
Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.validateCertificates (Mono.Security.X509.X509CertificateCollection certificates)
Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.ProcessAsTls1 ()
Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage.Process ()
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage:Process ()
Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientRecordProtocol.ProcessHandshakeMessage (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsStream handMsg)
Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.InternalReceiveRecordCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult)
Rethrow as IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
louisyeow avatar image
louisyeow answered

After further checking I find that if switch to use Unity www, everything works fine. I guess I would use Unity www then instead of HttpWebRequest.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pfnathan avatar image pfnathan ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the update.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.