question

liyuehai avatar image
liyuehai asked

Can I add the purchase info directly to the user event without using playfab's validate API?

We are using our own purchase system but we want to see the purchases info at the live-ops, Is there any api that I can add the purchase info into the live-ops directly ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

The short answer is no, all of our internal events (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/pf-events) are generated by our API calls. It is possible to send events with the WritePlayerEvent API call if you are using your own purchasing system. However, you cannot send the player_realmoney_purchase event directly. More details are here as well; https://api.playfab.com/blog/introducing-playstream

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

liyuehai avatar image liyuehai commented ·

Is there any way that I can add infos to the player info->Purchases?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan liyuehai commented ·

No, sorry - the Purchases info and all reporting is generated by data from our built-in events. We'll be providing a way to "inject" purchase info for purchases made separately from our integrations in a future release.

1 Like 1 ·
charlie avatar image charlie brendan commented ·

+1 on sending purchasing events directly.

Playfab has been a great tool to port as much as we want and will help us, but Playfab in general does not "take over" the process.

IAP would be another nice thing to be able to inject into the admin panel even if done by a different method.

thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Pavel Kolev avatar image Pavel Kolev commented ·

@Brendan is there any progress on the subject?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Pavel Kolev commented ·

It's high on our list for inclusion in an upcoming sprint, but I can't realistically provide a date for something that isn't in active development. Until it is, there's simply too much risk that something will occur (the nature of running a live service for thousands of titles) that will push it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Cody Brunty avatar image Cody Brunty commented ·

@Brendan this done yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Cody Brunty avatar image Cody Brunty commented ·

@Brendan this done yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Cody Brunty commented ·

Unless we're able to provide a specific date, you should not expect something to be on track to completion - that's why we're very cautious not to promise something we're not certain will be delivered. For all things involving the commerce service, the team is focused on getting the new commerce service released, as stated in our roadmap (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/roadmap/). I would not expect any new features in the legacy commerce service, at this point.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.