question

garrygaber avatar image
garrygaber asked

UpdatePlayerStatistics - any way to send doubles instead of ints?,Update Player Statistics - how to send doubles instead of ints?

Hi -

I've read in the documentation that the UpdatePlayerStatistics only accepts a string identifier and an int for individual statistics. Is there any way to send a double instead? My game uses really big numbers.

Thanks!

It looks like UpdatePlayerStatistics is looking for a string identifier and a value which is an int. Is there a way to send a double instead of an int? Our game uses very big numbers.

Thanks!

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As stated here (https://community.playfab.com/questions/6017/my-statistic-exceed-int32-value-limit.html) statistics are specifically Int32 values. Please see that thread for more details on that.

For games using large number libraries, you would need to either use a computed form for your statistics (putting an exponent in the high bits, and a simple value in the low bits, as a way to express large numbers is quite effective), or else use an external data service for managing those values in a leaderboard.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

garrygaber avatar image garrygaber commented ·

Great answer! Thanks, Brendan (and sorry for the ironically double post) :)

g

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.