question

kevinjulian avatar image
kevinjulian asked

Title Shown PlayfabTitleId on Android Push Notification

I am using Playfab Unity SDK version 2.34.180102

I found some problem with Push on Android

these my related case :

- I tried to bulk push from Playfab Dashboard with schedule task, but the notification doesn't appear

- I tried to push single player from Player Tab, apparently it's work but the title(Subject) shown PlayfabTitleId

- I tried to push from FCM, it's works as we expected

- I tried to bulk push from Playfab CloudScript, it's work but the title shown PlayfabTitleId

Do you need another information related this case?

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Thanks for your submission.

You are correct, it looks like the Title gets lost in some circumstances.

I have filed a bug internally on this issue. I'll keep an eye on it and post again once there's been some progress.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, can you please provide the code snippets showing the calls you're making, provide the details of the values of the parameters you're passing in, and specify your Push configuration? Specifically, it sounds like you're using the FCM plugin in all cases, is that correct? Finally, what is the Title ID, so that we can look at its setup?

10 |1200

kevinjulian avatar image
kevinjulian answered
    public PFPushService(string deviceToken)
    {
#if UNITY_ANDROID
      var request = new AndroidDevicePushNotificationRegistrationRequest() { DeviceToken = deviceToken };
      PlayFabClientAPI.AndroidDevicePushNotificationRegistration(request,
          result => { Debug.Log("PFPushService: Play Fab Push Notification Registration Completed"); },
          error => { Debug.LogError(error.ErrorMessage); });
#elif UNITY_IOS
      var request = new RegisterForIOSPushNotificationRequest() { DeviceToken = deviceToken };
      PlayFabClientAPI.RegisterForIOSPushNotification(request,
          result => { Debug.Log("PFPushService: Play Fab Push Notification Registration Completed"); },
          error => { Debug.LogError(error.ErrorMessage); });
#endif
    }

void Awake(){
Firebase.Messaging.FirebaseMessaging.TokenReceived += (sender, args) =>
{
  var stringToken = args.Token;

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(stringToken))
  {
    // create service
    _pushNotifServiceService = new PFPushService(stringToken);
  }
  else
  {
    // handle error
  }
};
}

Yes we use FCM plugin.

form-display.png (36.1 KiB)
mena-code.png (15.6 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

kevinjulian avatar image kevinjulian commented ·

I cannot upload one more pic, that's show push notification work but the subject is '345B', and the message is correct

0 Likes 0 ·
adrianvoinea avatar image
adrianvoinea answered

Hello.

This may be an older post, but I'm experiencing the exact same problem:

1) Pushing to user directly, displays it with Title id in title

2) Pushing from Schedule Task doesn't do anything

3) Sending from Firebase console works as intended

Is there any additional configuration step which I might have missed?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, there's a known issue right now, which is specific to new Android Push setups. We're tracking on this in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/18452/android-push-notifications-invalid-parameter-name.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.