question

dttngan91 avatar image
dttngan91 asked

How to export/import all user data using Game Manager console?

I ask this question after reviewing the document site, still cannot find solution.

I need to import user data into game (from another database) and after that export all user data (including custom data saved by user while playing), but cannot find a proper solution via Client API or Game Manager console. The things is I dont have my server set up to use Server API, please advise the proper way to that. Thanks!

unity3ddatagame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

For professional or enterprise tier customers, please open a ticket with our team via devrel@playfab.com to talk through the details. Ingestion of data into PlayFab can be done, but has to be throttled to make certain you don't encounter any issues. For essentials and indie tier developers, the simplest method is to read the data from the old data store when the player logs in, and update it to PlayFab from there as it is used. After a couple of months of that, if you have a way to evaluate the players who still haven't logged into, to see about copying data for them, you could set up a process which pulls player data, creating the account in PlayFab and updating the data, limiting that to a few players per minute.

Export of all data from PlayFab is not supported, outside the Enterprise tier. For those customers, we can provide a one-time dump of all data if you choose to leave PlayFab, and we do provide you with the ability to receive 100% of your event data. But reading out 100% of all player data for (potentially) millions of players would be quite expensive, and we work hard to keep costs down, so that we can provide the lowest pricing possible to everyone.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dttngan91 avatar image dttngan91 commented ·

Thanks for your very detail answer! I think I would better to write a script to get and update player data since my data size is around 1000 users. :D

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan dttngan91 commented ·

Oh! Yes, if you're still early in your game's lifecycle and haven't scaled globally yet, that shouldn't be an issue. Let us know if you run into any problems.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.