question

alexandertalb avatar image
alexandertalb asked

Error CS1061: No definition for 'SendWebRequest',Error CS1061: UnityWebRequest does not contain a definition for 'SendWebRequest'

Hey all! I'm getting this error on a fresh install of the PlayFab SDK:

"Assets/PlayFabSdk/Shared/Internal/PlayFabHttp/PlayFabUnityHttp.cs(68,30): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest' does not contain a definition for `SendWebRequest' and no extension method `SendWebRequest' of type `UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks in advance!

Hey all, I'm running into this error on a fresh install of the SDK:

"Assets/PlayFabSdk/Shared/Internal/PlayFabHttp/PlayFabUnityHttp.cs(68,30): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest' does not contain a definition for `SendWebRequest' and no extension method `SendWebRequest' of type `UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks in advance!

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

What version of Unity are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
ketomurat37 avatar image ketomurat37 commented ·

Can you anyone help? I'm getting the same error. I also tried with the EditorExtension but nothing changed. Unity version: 2017.1.1f1 Personal

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Our build machines have many versions of Unity installed including 2017.1.2f1. Theoretically there shouldn't be a noticeable difference between that and 2017.1.1f1

However... you're right. I have just verified that we had a gap in our automated testing, specifically version 2017.1.2f1 wasn't actually executing.

I will hotfix the SDK over the next hour, and I will fix the gap in our testing.

Sorry for the inconvenience. To resolve this issue, you can wait a couple hours until the hotfix is released, and then update (watch the patch notes). You can also upgrade, or downgrade, your Unity version. 2017.1 is the only version affected.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ketomurat37 avatar image
ketomurat37 answered

I don't know if you solved the problem but I found that it's a version problem, so 2017.1 is broken about WebRequest. Update the version and it works just fine

10 |1200

miladzarrin1 avatar image
miladzarrin1 answered

I have the same issue on Unity 2017.4.3f1

How can I fix it?

10 |1200

Md Akhtarul Islam avatar image
Md Akhtarul Islam answered

Assets/GooglePlayGames/ISocialPlatform/PlayGamesUserProfile.cs(139,21): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest' does not contain a definition for `SendWebRequest' and no extension method `SendWebRequest' of type `UnityEngine.Networking.UnityWebRequest' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.