question

andrearossini avatar image
andrearossini asked

How to reset leaderboard at specific time

Hi,

In our game we have already implemented a tournament logic using many stats like "t_point_0", "t_point_1", "t_point_2", etc. All players join this tournament automatically and we have to reset manually some leaderboards every week. And that's ok.

Now we want to implement a premium tournament, where a player must pay (VC) in order to join it (Buy-In). When registering time is over, tournament should start.

During the tournament you can buy the ticket for the next one.

In order to do this (and to give a player some times to come back in the game to claim the prize), we are going to use a multiple stats system.

We would like to use leaderboard support for reset. Is it possible to specify at which time a leaderboard should be resetted?

Otherwise, how can we develop a piece of code to reset leaderboard at specific time (using Admin-API)?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Daily, weekly, and monthly leaderboard resets are scheduled for 00:00 UTC (https://community.playfab.com/questions/8055/leaderboard-monthly-reset-time-zoneleaderboard-res.html). If you need to reset at a custom time, then yes, using the Admin API with a locally-running tool would be the way to go (https://community.playfab.com/questions/12507/using-scheduled-task-to-reset-leaderboard.html).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrearossini avatar image andrearossini commented ·

Thank you. I've already seen this post, then my question became: Is there a way, with PlayFab, to automatically call an Admin API function every X time? Or must I setup a different external solution that calls PlayFab? This is pretty limitating I think...

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrearossini commented ·

Not currently, no.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.