question

programacion avatar image
programacion asked

UserDataVersion doesn't get updated thorugh the GameManager

Hello!

We have been using PlayFab for a while already, even with a couple games published for iOS and Android.

We use PlayFab, among other reasons, to save player's progression to the Cloud; and we use Client/UpdateUserData for that.

When the user starts the game, a check is made against Client/GetPlayerCombinedInfo.UserDataVersion to see if he has been player in another device so he/she can restore that progression.

Another great thing about that is that we can go to the GameManager and change a particular player's progression as we want for testing purposes.

That has been working wonderfully up until last friday, when we noticed that changing a player's PlayerData through the GameManager didnt update the corresponding UserDataVersion anymore (although the actual data is indeed updated). Updating the PlayerData through the Client/UpdateUserData does work as expected.

We have also tried it using PostMan with both Client/GetPlayerCombinedInfo and Server/GetPlayerCombinedInfo.

We tested it on a couple or three different players, and they all presented the same behaviour.

I'd like to know is this behaviour is caused as a bug or is actually an intended feature.

Thanks in advance.

TitleID: 3CED

Test PlayerID: 39229A3D4B58C269 (although we think that happens with all of them)

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling that out - I do see that player data isn't correctly versioned when updated through the Game Manager. I'll open a bug on that. To be clear, I am seeing the version number increment correctly when it is updated via any API call.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

programacion avatar image programacion commented ·

Thanks! I'm happy to hear it was a bug and not a feauture ;)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.