question

Andrew Maksimov avatar image
Andrew Maksimov asked

I got confused in the price.

It is written on the price page (https://playfab.com/pricing/#plan-essentials-desktop) that the Player segmentation, A/B testing, Real-time rules,... is available only for paid plans.

At me now free plan.

But I see in Game Manager there is a this features. I'm confused.

pricinggame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Out Essentials ("free") tier only provides a very limited amount of the LiveOps capabilities of the service - user segmentation, PlayStream actions, A/B tests, etc. So realistically, we can't say that it's fully available in that tier, as that would be disingenuous. Basically, you have the ability to test it in that tier, but not to build a full LiveOps program for your title.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sowee avatar image sowee commented ·

Hi,

I registered in the essential tier for the time being. Player segmentation looks to be available (maybe just partially as you mentionned) in my dashboard. If I use what's available in it, can I build/launch my title in this tier or will I get some sort of warning that it can't be used outside of testing? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan sowee commented ·

You can always launch titles in the Essentials (free) tier. The limited amount of LiveOps (PlayStream) features that you have in that tier will remain available for your titles. You can indeed increase some limits right now via the limits page, though if you're upgrading more than one or two, it likely makes more sense to just move to the Indie or Pro tier, cost-wise.

1 Like 1 ·
sowee avatar image sowee sowee commented ·

I found out https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/F5EE/limits, it looks like this is answering my question: I can have 10 player segments in the essential tier. Is it right? Can we upgrade particular limits (there's a "free" mention beside each limit) or are they all linked to the current tier? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.