question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

Can we get current score for leaderboard and player returned after post in UpdatePlayerStatisticsResult

As it stands currently UpdatePlayerStatisticsResult returns nothing. Due to the nature of Leaderboards in PlayFab a successful score update doesn't' necessarily mean the player will now have that score for the leaderboard.

It would be really great to get the actual score of the player on the specified leaderboard after the score was posted returned on success.

To give a quick example of expected behavior.

1. Leaderboard created with highest score only type.

2. Score successfully posted to leaderboard for player.

3. Score posted lower then current score for specified leaderboard.

4. Return highest score for leaderboard ( in this example that would not be the score posted in the call )

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I believe what you're asking for is to have the player's score, as it is finalized in the leaderboard based upon the statistic's aggregation method returned from the call, yes? So, if the player's previous score is 10, calling an update with a score of 12 would return 12, while calling it with a score of 9 would return 10, yes? What I would recommend is posting this to our Feature Requests forum, so that others can 'like' the suggestion, which helps us with prioritization.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thomas Brown avatar image Thomas Brown commented ·

That's exactly right. Sorry for the wordy Question, it's been a long couple of weeks with all the hollidays haha.

I'll go ahead and post it as a feature request.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.