question

qtimmons avatar image
qtimmons asked

Deleted users email not available to use again

I made about 20 test email accounts with a test title. I then deleted them all along with test title and started a new title. I now can't use any of the old emails addresses I used with deleted title. I'm getting this error:

Email address not available Email: Email address already exists

I used the game manager to delete the user accounts

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

qtimmons avatar image qtimmons commented ·

As a side note: When in game manager at dashboard I'm not seeing any playstream events anymore. I have to go into the player tab and look into the event history of the player to see any?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
pfnathan avatar image
pfnathan answered

Please check following forum post and answers as reference to your inquiry;

https://community.playfab.com/questions/13213/why-doest-deleting-players-free-their-email.html

As for the second question, Can you let us know TitleID please, so that, we can take a look at?

13 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

qtimmons avatar image qtimmons commented ·

TitleID is C991

0 Likes 0 ·
pfnathan avatar image pfnathan ♦ qtimmons commented ·

image.jpgWe can see activities on PlayStream for TitleID C991 just fine. (screenshot attached).

Could be a connectivity issue. Can you double check and let us know?

0 Likes 0 ·
image.jpg (292.2 KiB)
qtimmons avatar image qtimmons pfnathan ♦ commented ·

Must be something on my side still can't see anything. I tried a different browser same issue. Logging in and out never helped.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
gage avatar image gage commented ·

@pfnathan Okay so if the deletion ishandled at a higher level, where to we access that deletion process since the normal function call only deletes the user for that title. Seems im missing something if i can only delete users for my title and now that email is used forever.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gage commented ·

The issue is that the login methods are part of the "core" of the player account, and so are stored at the Publisher ID level. Deletion of a player only deletes title-level data. This is specifically so that when a player signs into another of your titles, you'll be using the same PlayFab ID - associating the player with the same account, so that you have a way to keep a consistent identity for that player. We do not currently support removing that from the Publisher-level player account.

0 Likes 0 ·
gage avatar image gage brendan commented ·

Hi, okay ive seen you reply that, but i dont know what the fix is for when i delete a player and i want to use that email. Are you saying once they register in any of my titles and i delete them from all lets say, they still cannot create a new account, there will always be that email registered?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
HackerTester avatar image HackerTester commented ·

@Brendan Please tell any way so that i can delete the emails cause if i want users in my game to send email and then i can delete their account if they wanted then i can't do this please help i want the admin to have the option to delete the users i am stuck with this issue in playfab.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan HackerTester commented ·

If the player hasn't been deleted from the title yet, you can simply have anyone with write access to the player accounts update the player's email address in the Game Manager. Alternately, if you want to entirely remove the user from all games in your studio, you can use the DeleteMasterPlayerAccount API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
HackerTester avatar image HackerTester brendan commented ·

Nice playfab members are constantly helping people and trying to figure out there problems. Really nice, appreciated the hard work of playfab community members!!. And yes actually i used delete master player account api call but i was not able to use that email again but after sometime i was able to then i search about it and found that it take a few hours or maybe few days in some cases to fully delete it and after that i was able to reuse the email so thanks @Brendan for helping me...

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.