question

cloudweight avatar image
cloudweight asked

Is there a way to get a ban reason & time yet?

I saw a vote on this about a 1.25 years ago but I haven't seen anything since then. Has there been any updates to this? If so I can't find anything about it. Just returning "Account banned" doesn't seem adequate enough. Especially since platforms like Steam, Xbox, Playstation, etc require you to provide a ban reason and length (if temporary). I created a CloudScript that does GetUserBans but I found that I can't call CloudScript unless the player is logged in, which they can't be if the account is banned.

Any ideas?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Please bear in mind that the time since something was requested isn't actually relevant. What we prioritize on are the number of developers a feature would help and how big of an impact the change will have - as you can see from our Feature Requests forum, that particular request isn't anywhere near the top of the most requested items there (and that's only one input to reviewing the impact to the customer base). Also, it's worth knowing that the existing ban reason text cannot be returned, since existing titles using that feature might have text they don't want exposed to end-users (in case they're decrypting the response packets - which happens more often than you'd think), so this would need to be an addition to the existing system.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cloudweight avatar image cloudweight commented ·

I see... that has me pretty bummed. I just feel like something like this should be a common sense feature as a user should always be informed of why they can't access an account regardless of the reason. I know if someone were to login to my game and all they get was "Account banned" instead of a reason and time I would be in trouble. With that said, this renders the built in ban system useless to me because as I mentioned it is required per agreement to some of the digital distributors I am publishing on.

I guess I will have to make my own ban system in the meantime.

Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.