question

gokhan1595 avatar image
gokhan1595 asked

PlayFabGameServer, i can't connect.

Hi i am Gökhan.

PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer i configured and installed. My title ID: F119.

Here is my tests,

I am checked all logs and i found my problem.

"https://github.com/PlayFab/PlayFabGameServer/blob/master/PlayFabGameServerClientExample/Assets/GameServerClientExample/Scripts/ClientExampleScript.cs#L222"

222. lane = _network.Connect(host, port);

Its ok but nothing happens.

249.lane "OnConnected" method is never work. Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks for helping, i need this.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, you have no builds set up right now (https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/F119/servers/builds) so it's not possible for us to confirm if you had any issues in your configuration. The basics of this are all in the Server tutorial (https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-tournaments/custom-game-servers). What I would recommend is setting up your build, testing with Postman to validate that the values coming back from your call to Matchmake are what you expect, and then test with the example project. If it still can't connect to the server, can you try logging the specifics of the call you're making to Matchmake, what values you're passing into the Connect call, and what, if any, errors you get back?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gokhan1595 avatar image gokhan1595 commented ·

Really ? How its possible if i am not using ?

I deleted all builds because i have a limited time 9/20. Can you give me more hours for this question and development ?

I uploaded my last build and i configured. Please recheck my problem, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
gokhan1595 avatar image gokhan1595 gokhan1595 commented ·

"Command-line arguments" i need change this data ? My build version, my game modes...etc ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gokhan1595 commented ·

The default command line arguments are normally fine, but you may need to change them depending on any custom code you're running that needs specific keys/values.

Just having a build loaded and configured does not use server hours - you use server hours by spinning up servers in a region (selecting the region as active). In general, you should only do that when you are testing, and not leave servers running (unless your game is live, of course). The one caveat to that is that AWS charges based upon full hours, so if you turn on a server then turn it off two minutes later, that'll still consume one hour's worth of usage time. So it's a good idea to plan your testing well to optimize the available time.

What was the result of your testing with Postman? What was the response to the Matchmake (or StartGame) call? How soon after that are you attempting to connect to the server? What parameters are you passing into the connect call?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.