question

qtimmons avatar image
qtimmons asked

Getting currency rewarded from a bundle ?

Hi,

I'm granting a bundle with drop table items and some currency to the user. In the grant results I can pull the items granted but not currency. I can see it was granted in the playstream. What's the best way to get this information.

Thanks Quentin

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There's a player_virtual_currency_balance_changed event that provides this information. We'll also be adding information on VC added as part of a bundle/container operation to the information returned from that operation in a future update.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

Over 3 years later and I still have to use workarounds to get the full rewarded bundle content.

1 Like 1 ·
qtimmons avatar image qtimmons commented ·

Thanks for the info

0 Likes 0 ·
andreas avatar image
andreas answered

This is 2 years now and still we don't know how much was granted in a bundle. Do we really need to check wether it was a bundle, check the catalog for definition of the bundle and make it ourselves, alternative make another call to get the balance??

2 comments
10 |1200

Good Guy avatar image Good Guy commented ·

5 years now.

0 Likes 0 ·
himanshu avatar image himanshu commented ·

6 years now

0 Likes 0 ·
chrisk avatar image
chrisk answered

I'd like to bump the question - how is the game client supposed to detect that a bundle/container has granted virtual currency and update its total on the client side?

10 |1200

andreas avatar image
andreas answered

Hi chrisk.

The only way of handling it right now is to have the full catalog downloaded (or bundled) to the client and check the definition of the bundle there. I was at first sceptical with this approach (and still am as you should be able to have items that the client shouldnt be aware about) but also as items being delivered to the client (inventory) doesnt contain any of the metadata you still need to check the catalog for the full definition of the item.

10 |1200

chrisk avatar image
chrisk answered

Thanks for confirming that that's the best practice, @andreas.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.