question

vuks89 avatar image
vuks89 asked

Save email address when logging in with Facebook

I haven't found anything about this, but my Facebook app is set up so that it returns user email, and when I call LoginWithFacebook, account is created and my Facebook account is linked to it, but email address isn't saved.

Have I done something wrong or is this behaving as it should, or I can do something to save an email and other info that comes from Facebook

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The player email address isn't saved as part of Facebook login. We actually only recommend querying the minimum of the player profile from Facebook as part of login. To add the player email address after creating the player account, you can use AddOrUpdateContactEmail.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ktechgames avatar image ktechgames commented ·

@Brendan sir I successfully integrate fblogin but now I want to get email of the fb user so is this possible? I did'nt get the above method . for email what can I do? a separate method will call ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ktechgames commented ·

Yes, it's the API call I mentioned above - you can find the docs for it here: https://api.playfab.com/documentation/Client/method/AddOrUpdateContactEmail

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben avatar image Ben brendan commented ·

The API that you mentioned has a body that requires us to input an email address, but here we haven't gotten an email address response from the results of the Facebook login. can you explain that?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.