question

fsmith avatar image
fsmith asked

Continuous Facebook Login

Hi,

I'm working an Android-only game and am not sure what I need to do to prevent the player from having to manually log in to Facebook every time they play.

Facebook is the one and only authentication method we support. The normal flow is that a player logs into Facebook. With their Facebook token we log them into Playfab, provisioning a new account if one doesn't exist.

What do I need to store such that when the user re-launches the app they don't have to re-type their Facebook login/password?

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I would recommend linking the Device ID to the player account as well, so that you can use the Device ID login API call to get the player into the account without needing them to be signed into Facebook. Our login best practices tutorial discusses this in more depth: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-players/best-login.

Please bear in mind though, that Facebook-specific functionality (like using the Facebook friends list) is dependent upon us having a non-expired token from the Facebook service.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.