question

jules avatar image
jules asked

Snowflake privilege issue

Hello, I am trying to set up Snowflake for PlayFab, and I'm following the instructions here: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-analytics/getting-started-with-playfab-snowflake

I got to the step where it asked me to execute the following SQL command: CREATE DATABASE playfab_shared FROM SHARE jr71147.playfab_share

I did and got the following error:

SQL access control error: Insufficient privileges to operate on foreign share 'PLAYFAB_SHARE'

Can someone help me on how to move forward?

Thank you,

Julian

AutoAttack Games

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sure, what's the Title ID, and can you confirm that your Snowflake account was created in their US West region?

10 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jules avatar image jules commented ·

Just confirmed that we are on US West.

Title ID: 9092

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jules commented ·

Thanks - we're checking with the Snowflake team. As far as I can see, you've got everything configured correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
jules avatar image jules brendan commented ·

Thank you - let me know!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
rknoesel avatar image rknoesel commented ·

Hi Brendan, I'm seeing the same issue. I'm using an account with the ACCOUNTADMIN role, US West (standard account). Is there something else I could be missing?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rknoesel commented ·

Those are the only things that should be necessary, as long as your Add-ons page has the correct info for your account. If that's also correct, can you please message the Snowflake team to get their feedback on your account?

0 Likes 0 ·
rknoesel avatar image rknoesel brendan commented ·

Yes, the add-on page shows a successful install (with the appropriate snowflake account id). I'll ping them about the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.